Proposing to your loved one is a life-changing event that you will cherish forever. Because of this, you’ll want to find a location that’s not only appropriate for asking the question but memorable as well. Fortunately, there are many such spots in and around Birmingham, AL. The following are 10 locations around Birmingham that are perfect for popping the big question:
• Ruffner Mountain – Not only is Ruffner Mountain less than 10 miles away from the center of Birmingham, but it’s also so well known for its beautiful views and private setting that it’s regularly used as a venue for weddings. Hike up to Hawk’s View Overlook for an especially intimate view that will make the event even more special.
• Cheaha State Park – Cheaha State Park is roughly 80 miles outside of Birmingham, but well worth the trek. Cheaha Mountain offers absolutely stunning views of Alabama’s forests, which will come as no surprise when you realize that Cheaha Mountain is the highest natural point in the state.
• Hassinger Daniels Bed and Breakfast – This Victorian-style mansion located near the Vulcan Park and Museum is the perfect romantic getaway — and you won’t even have to leave the city! The unique architecture, both inside and outside, along with the elegant decor and intimate setting make this a fantastic place to propose.
• Railroad Park – If you want to propose in a natural setting but don’t want to venture outside of Birmingham, then Railroad Park is an excellent option. Not only does it have a beautiful lake, it boasts an impressive view of the city’s skyline in the distance.
• Birmingham Botanical Gardens – Propose amidst the flowers by taking your loved one to the Botanical Gardens. You’ll have no problem finding a beautiful and secluded spot to get down on one knee.
• 360 Grille – The 360 Grille in Florence is a bit of a drive, but it’s well worth your time. The restaurant is situated atop a tower, allowing for a revolving panoramic view of the surrounding area that is something to behold — especially as the sun begins to set.
• Moss Rock Preserve – Conveniently located in the heart of Hoover, this gorgeous 349 acre nature preserve is easy to hike in and out of and includes a myriad of romantic spots to pop the question, including waterfalls, boulder fields, and a rare variant of the Little River Canyon Sandstone Glade that is thought to be one of only 35 occurrences known around the world!
• Hot Air Balloon – Propose high in the sky by going up in a hot-air balloon with the Gone with the Winds Balloon Company. They even offer a marriage proposal package that comes with a bottle of champagne!
• Morgan Creek Vineyards – There’s something about a vineyard that makes for a romantic setting. It could be the maze of grape trees that you can get lost in or it could be the fact that you can enjoy a glass of wine together after your proposal.
• Highlands Bar and Grill – The Highlands Bar and Grill is an upscale restaurant with an intimate atmosphere that’s perfect for an after-dinner marriage proposal.
• Gianmarco’s Restaurant – If anyone knows romance, it’s the Italians. Reserve a table at Gianmarco’s Restaurant for a romantic and memorable meal you won’t soon forget.
• Vulcan Park and Museum – Who doesn’t love looking down from Red Mountain over the city of Birmingham? While she enjoying the view you can drop to one knee and be ready to ask that most important question. From then on, every time she glances up at Birmingham’s famous cast iron sculpture it will take her back to the special moment that you proposed.
If you are planning on proposing, then do it somewhere that you will remember forever. These are 12 locations in and around Birmingham that are ideal for a marriage proposal. Of course, if you’re going to pop the question, you’ll want to have the perfect engagement ring as well. Visit us at Bromberg’s today to find a gorgeous engagement ring that shows the love that you have for that special someone in your life. We are also glad to help you plan the perfect proposal, should you need more inspiration.